So in 2 separate batches I got a BAD alkaline metallic taste. My first thought was sanitation problems, but I haven't changed sanitary processes between batches so probably not. I'm making starters now to harvest yeast and pitch healthy. Here comes my question... before I started using my new stainless 4qt. to make starter wort I was using a Teflon coated (non-stick of some sort) one before it. It had some scratches, but assumed star san, boiling water, then adding and boiling DME would be ok. So did I get 1) Teflon in the starter 2) leeched metal from exposed scratches 3) infection or 4) all of or a mix of 1, 2, and 3. Thanks for any insight.