• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Louisiana Metairie Corny Kegs have maybe 12 including two 3 gallon shorties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleusis

Reaction score
I would appreciate a littlle feedback from non-interested parties.... I have no idea what they're worth. At least two have been cut down 3 gal shorties, which rocked for my old kegerator cuz I could get a third, nitro beer.

Anyway I lost most of my stuff but have kegs and both 20lb: CO2 and N2. Both should be mostly full. All kegs are ball lock but haven't been used in 10 years. All should be clean but maybe 2.

What are they worth?

ETA: Couple carboys and milk-crates thrown in

I'd pay something like $20 per keg, but I think you can get more if you are willing to part it out. Probably $40 per keg or so, if you are selling singles and don't mind waiting for them to sell. $20 each would sell pretty quickly.

Gas tanks are harder to estimate because it depends on the date. If they have to be recertified, that would cut into the price pretty severely.

I've seen used corny kegs advertised at 4 for $160. The 3 gals probably similar or maybe even a bit more. So I'd say $40-50.

If the CO2 tanks are out of inspection they're not worth much until recertified.

Did they go under water?

10 years, ya know?

:mug:

I came down to NOLA after Katrina to help run my cousin's real estate appraisal business. None of this is Katrina, though some could be Isaac.

Tanks were never submerged. Were held in a cabinet 3-4 inches up. Tanks have not suffered to my untrained eye.

Kegs look pristine. Just need seals.

I came down to NOLA after Katrina to help run my cousin's real estate appraisal business. None of this is Katrina, though some could be Isaac.

Tanks were never submerged. Were held in a cabinet 3-4 inches up. Tanks have not suffered to my untrained eye.

Kegs look pristine. Just need seals.

That's good to hear. I would have been concerned if they had. I've seen metal completely dissolved by Katrina water. I lost a TON of equipment in the storm. Still lacking on kegs. I may take a few off your hands at the right price and meeting place.

We'll see how it goes!

:p

I've seen used corny kegs advertised at 4 for $160. The 3 gals probably similar or maybe even a bit more. So I'd say $40-50.

If the CO2 tanks are out of inspection they're not worth much until recertified.

50 is probably a bit high, considering that my local homebrew store sells them for that price, clean with new o rings. These kegs have been sitting for 10 years, so they are going to need new o rings and a thorough cleaning at the very least.

can't get an accurate count tonight. It's like I said, roughly 12 cornies, 2-3 of which are cut to 3 gallons, 2 20 pound tanks, CO2 and N2. Also now found a 5 gallon turkey fryer I've use for dozens of boils. and carboy or two in milk crates

Prefer to dump it all at once.

Asking $500.

Brad 504-239-3858

Last edited:
I'd gladly pay $80 plus shipping for the 2 3 gallon kegs. Would like to see photos first.

Where I live, far north from you, used ball locks are $50. LHBS sells them for $70. Used 20# tanks average about $70. Date isn't important. Most places just exchange the tank. If one place won't, another right down the street will.

So 12 kegs and two 20# tanks will cost about $740 in the secondary market. I would think $500 for everything is a great price, even in the Crescent City.

Did they go under water?

10 years, ya know?

Haven't seen you here in FOREVER! Then again I've not been here as often of late and even took an almost 2 year break. I remember you worked at LM. Still in the commercial brewing game?

Haven't seen you here in FOREVER! Then again I've not been here as often of late and even took an almost 2 year break. I remember you worked at LM. Still in the commercial brewing game?

Nice to be seen! There are a lot of new members on this forum and a lot of old ones gone, but it still seems like everyone's having a good time.

I no longer work at LM, but still stop by on their First Fridays every now and then to check in with them and see what's new. Man has it changed! I still get my bulk grain from them. ;)

When I worked at LM, my home brewing starting to taper off (nothing like killing yourself at work and then doing more or less the same when you get home!) and I ended up stopping completely when my son was born. He's four now, so I've gotten back into it again after a period of replacing/upgrading my equipment. Now I mostly do 10 gallon batches, only fewer times a month.

Anyhoo, thanks for the shout out. Nice to be recognized!

Okay, there are 2 twenty pound tanks (1 CO2 and 1 nitrogen), 9 five gallon cornys, 2 three gallon cornys, a half barrel, turkey fryer, 3 glass carboys and one plastic carboy.

$500 takes all. Cash only. Call Brad 504-239-3858

20160128_163911.jpg

20160128_163917.jpg

20160128_163925.jpg

20160128_163933.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I prefer to try and sell it all together. $500 cash, firm.

P.S. Had phone number wrong! Ugh Call Brad 504-239-3858

Last edited:
Il take it all with picture confirmation

Sharkman, are you still interested? I prefer to sell it together, but I also have offers to piecemeal it.

Thanks

To reiterate: 9 five gallon ball lock cornys, 2 three gallon ball lock cornys, 2 twenty pound compressed gas tanks (CO2 and N2, I think both are mostly full), a five gallon turkey fryer, a 15 gallon half-barrel keg (I bought it to use as a boil pot, but never cut it open), 3 five gallon glass carboys, a very nice plastic one, and a milk crate.

$500 for all

Did you sell any of this? I'd be interested in some of it depending on what's left and if you're still willing to part out.

Is that kettle/pot in the last pic for sale? Capacity?

Did you sell any of this? I'd be interested in some of it depending on what's left and if you're still willing to part out.

Is that kettle/pot in the last pic for sale? Capacity?

Sorry for delay in response...

I think I have a couple guys coming tomorrow to get all the 5 gal cornys and the half barrel.

I still want $50 each for the 3gal cornys, and $50 each for the "mostly full, I think" CO2 and N2 20# tanks.

Turkey fryer has a nice burner and stand but not sure of BTU and cover for 5gal is AWOL. so I dunno.

Sorry for delay in response...

I think I have a couple guys coming tomorrow to get all the 5 gal cornys and the half barrel.

I still want $50 each for the 3gal cornys, and $50 each for the "mostly full, I think" CO2 and N2 20# tanks.

Turkey fryer has a nice burner and stand but not sure of BTU and cover for 5gal is AWOL. so I dunno.

Just PM'd you about the 3 gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back