Mesh Shinwa Filtration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeirKaiser

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I didn’t find any post with “shinwa” in it so I figured I would ask.

Is a mesh shinwa too fine to filter beer out at any or all stages of the beer making process? My only concern is it getting clogged up too often

1613711257788.jpeg

1613711378975.png

Thank you

I can easily clog a regular coarse kitchen strainer with any amount of beer residue. Unfortunately, the only filter that has ever really worked well for me is kettle fining+gravity+time.

I’m doing a lager and I figured it would be okay after Whirlpooling from the boil, racking from primary to secondary, and the filter it with the strainer into the bottling bucket.

Yeah from the boiling pot to the primary I attempted to use my French press.... it was a sad attempt and lesson learned

I use mine to filter chilled beer and aerate it on the way into the fermenter. Been working great for almost 4 years. It gets a solid soak and scrub in 1-step after every use and then doused liberally with starsan.

Back