Merry Christmas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Xmas to all at HBT. I still have a few bottles of my 2019 Mesquite traditional left, and they might be gone by new years. Time to make more mead!
Same here (time to make more mead) . On the docket for this weekend,
a raspberry/pomegranate melomel,
a white flesh peach melomel,
another Sainfoin honey traditional,
racking & splitting my pumpkin spice cyser, 4 gallons will go onto pumpkin spices, the other gallon will be racked onto thawed whole cranberries (in a brew bag)😋

Merry Christmas

Kids and grandkids have just left for home. Its quiet again in the house. 😎 But has been a very good day.

I have a session mead wildflower honey with a fresh cranberry / blackberry mix using Omega Hot Head yeast fermenting at 88 deg F and a traditional bakers honey fermenting at 62 deg F using Cote Des Blanc yeast. Think I will dry hop that one in secondary. (Have a couple ounces of Citra hops left from a previous batch.)

Oh Merry Christmas to all of you as well. I believe I had blood orange, holiday spices and some black tea, only thing I need to improve is the lack of body. Just comes across watery or thin, delicious and clean but lacking that mouth feel. Curious for ideas if anyone wants to give it a go.

Oh Merry Christmas to all of you as well. I believe I had blood orange, holiday spices and some black tea, only thing I need to improve is the lack of body. Just comes across watery or thin, delicious and clean but lacking that mouth feel. Curious for ideas if anyone wants to give it a go.
Mine was basically a JAOM recipe, (spices & bread yeast were same amounts).
Differences were just the fruit segments that were individually peeled...NEVER AGAIN, waaay too labor intensive,
a little less honey that what a JAOM calls for,
no pith, & zest from only half of the oranges I used.
It had a brilliant red color to start, but, the red faded kinda fast☹
Very similar to a JAOM, but, since I deviated from the original recipe, not a true JAOM. Body was great. Great legs on the glass.
What a color when I made it! Can't wait to do another batch.
20210315_012706.jpg

Last edited:
2 of my secret weapons (sshhh don't tell anyone ;) )

Opti-White | MoreWine helps with body / mouthfeel

Booster Blanc | MoreWine helps maintain aroma.

Use at maximum recommended dosage.

You're welcome :D

Thanks Maylar, placing an order for a few things tonight so I'll check that out.

Dan O, my red faded to an orange/orange red, lovely color in primary but curious to watch it again and try to replicate.

Dan O, my red faded to an orange/orange red, lovely color in primary but curious to watch it again and try to replicate.
[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to that myself. It was pretty cool to watch it transform.

Thanks Maylar, placing an order for a few things tonight so I'll check that out.

Looking forward to that myself. It was pretty cool to watch it transform

Latest posts

Back