Mecca Grade Estate Malts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

deadwolfbones

Reaction score
I used the Skagit Obsidian in a "landbier" lager recently and it was a very tasty beer. Not sure what exactly it contributed but I couldn't find any fault with it.

4min33

Reaction score
@AzOr I have a bag of the Vanora right now. It is a bit richer. It also has a much higher diastolic power. The Lamonta has enough enzyme in it to dry out an ale. If you get a chance, go visit Mecca. I was there in a June and got to try some of their house beers, and got a tour from Seth who is an awesome guy. It’s a great road trip.
Yes, my wife and I visited on a Thursday in June and besides being hard to find (no signs just a little address post) Seth was out back with his ear protection on and couldn't hear the bell announcing our arrival. Called some of the phone numbers on the web and he returned a call and finally realized he had some customers. Great visit even still though we were the only folks to come by-- tasted good beers, toured the brewery and viewed the crazy mechanized malt machine in action. Took home 100 lbs. Very impressed and the malt is great. A must visit if you're in the area (Thurs Fri or Sat. only).