Mead Lambic ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceparadis

Reaction score
I want to make a mead lambic, 16lbs of honey, oak and yweast blend. Let it sit for 3 years. Would it work?

Looking for suggestions.

It has been done before commercially. It was called Mead the Gueuze by Hanssens. I think you may want to add some grain in there too, more of a sour braggot. Not sure if the lambic blend will have enough complex sugars to eat to properly sour a honey-only must.

It has been done before commercially. It was called Mead the Gueuze by Hanssens. I think you may want to add some grain in there too, more of a sour braggot. Not sure if the lambic blend will have enough complex sugars to eat to properly sour a honey-only must.

You probably won't get much or anything out of pedio but lacto will ferment simple sugars at the beginning and create some sourness. Brett can metabolize esters and alcohol so you would probably see some funk over time but probably nowhere near the funk in a lambic.

Back