Quantcast
HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Bryan312

Reaction score
Hey all long time reader first time posting, I’ve been making wine and beer for about 3 years now and spirits for about 2 and I e been a chef for 13 years. I just got a hold of 10kilos of pasturized honey for free from the restaurant and thought I would try to make mead. However I’m not sure which type of mead I should try to make for best flavor considering the honey I have isn’t raw. Thinking of doing like a spiced one or something to help add something something to make up for the loss of flavor from the commercial & pasturized honey. Any recipes or style recommendations would be appreciated cause eating 10 kilos of honey isn’t an option haha.

Steveruch

Reaction score
Hey all long time reader first time posting, I’ve been making wine and beer for about 3 years now and spirits for about 2 and I e been a chef for 13 years. I just got a hold of 10kilos of pasturized honey for free from the restaurant and thought I would try to make mead. However I’m not sure which type of mead I should try to make for best flavor considering the honey I have isn’t raw. Thinking of doing like a spiced one or something to help add something something to make up for the loss of flavor from the commercial & pasturized honey. Any recipes or style recommendations would be appreciated cause eating 10 kilos of honey isn’t an option haha.
I've made some pretty good melomels with similar honey: blackberry and strawberry.

MaxTheSpy

Reaction score
Melomel would be a good safe route to go, Not only does it taste good, but the fruit often times gives a cool color and gives it a little more "Something special" than the original strait mead.