MD Brewday 3.0 - Planning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When do we do the next brewday????

• December

• January

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I moved my Dead guy to the keg yesterday. Smells decent, I fear (OK I Know) it will not be as high in alcohol as we hoped. How's everyone else's going?

Keged? hasnt it only been a week? I brewed yesterday, and moved both the Guinness and the dead guy into secondaries, which i do mostly cuz im bored :)

I should clarify, my keg is my secondary. It's sitting in my fermentation fridge at 60 degrees and I will leave it there for another couple weeks. After that I'll cold crash it and force carb and tap it.

Cold crashing is putting it in the keezer or fridge at real fridge temperatures for a couple days. This drops yeast to the bottom over a period of a couple days. It makes the beer clearer.

Ok, checked the gravity (i need one to be ready by NYE) they were both about 1.015... which is about right for both! so yay! the guiness one, is nothing at all like a guiness. its yummie.... but nothing like guiness!

What the hell kind of loooooooooser takes a gravity reading.... I thought the two rules of MD brew days was no readings and having to screw at least one thing up :)

well.... i guess having my CFC freeze was screwing something up right? and im desperate! promised 4 kegs for NYE only got 3 now! :p

What the hell kind of loooooooooser takes a gravity reading.... I thought the two rules of MD brew days was no readings and having to screw at least one thing up :)

is your bitter seriousness in primary? i think im putting a hurting on that keg! mmmm bitter! :mug:

Well secondary now. I have been really slow getting everything to keg it and since im so close to kegging I refuse to bottle it. I am trying to keg it and quick carb it for NYE, doubt thatll happen though.

I got mine carbed and tried it, its a bit green but going to be a great beer. Low on the alcohol but it has that dead guy flavor to it.

so since I have teh intrawebz back....when is the first Brew Day of '09 happening? As long as we pick a date a month out, I can so make it with work and all

Back