MD Brewday 3.0 - Planning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When do we do the next brewday????

• December

• January

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are we going to do starters? I am not the best at this since I have only made 2 starters so far but I have a stir plate, oxygen and a 2000ml flask so if you tell me what kind of yeast by tuesday I can get 1 1800ml starter going on wednesday(LHBS is closed Wednesday's). I have pale DME but if the recipe would be better suited for something else I can accommodate just need to know what.

Also if someone could shoot me a PM or email [email protected] with directions or an address that would be great.
Thanks

Are we going to do starters? I am not the best at this since I have only made 2 starters so far but I have a stir plate, oxygen and a 2000ml flask so if you tell me what kind of yeast by tuesday I can get 1 1800ml starter going on wednesday(LHBS is closed Wednesday's). I have pale DME but if the recipe would be better suited for something else I can accommodate just need to know what.

Also if someone could shoot me a PM or email [email protected] with directions or an address that would be great.
Thanks

Yeast:

Pacman for Dead Guy Clone (alternatively: Wyeast 1056)
Irish ale (Wyeast 1084) (or alternatively: Wyeast 1056).

I'm thinking of getting 1056 and building a two gallon starter and splitting it into the two batches.

last brew day...it took me a few days to get to the homebrew store to pick up yeast & mine started fermenting on it own. BIG surprise when i tried to pop open the corny i was using to transport my wort. I think that a corny is a great transport container cause of spillage

Ok, with the current list, how much grain is needed? I can measure out what I and figure out if we need to go to the HB store to get more and some of the specialty grains.

What about hops for extra batches? I know Stephin and I got enough for 1 10g batch...

Ok, with the current list, how much grain is needed? I can measure out what I and figure out if we need to go to the HB store to get more and some of the specialty grains.

What about hops for extra batches? I know Stephin and I got enough for 1 10g batch...

This is the list so far:

Dead guy ale
Claphamsa
Jezter
Cugel
Yunus

Stout
Claphamsa
Cugel

So using Yoopers published recipe (not what is in her amended version - available in the same thread in a beersmith file).

Stout (2 batches):
14 Lbs Maris Otter,
4 lbs flaked barley,
2 lbs roasted barley.
4 oz EKG

Dead Guy Clone (four batches):
48 lbs US two row, (12 lbs x 4)
3 lbs 4 oz Belgiun Cara-Munich (52 oz, at 13 oz x 4),
3 lbs 4 oz German Munich (52 oz, at 13 oz x 4),
1 lb 12 oz US Crystal 40 deg L (28 oz, at 7 oz x 4),
6 oz Perle (or sub) (1.5 oz x 4)
1 oz Saaz. (0.25 oz x 4)

I was planning on getting all this Thursday.

sounds like a plan!

Jezter now you dont have to pick **** up! But do brng your drill and crusher (I have a funnyer story about mine!) also, snag me some yeasies! KTXBAI!

Cugel, if possible let everyone know how much it all is before hand, some of us dont tend to carry cash ;)

sounds like a plan!

Jezter now you dont have to pick **** up! But do brng your drill and crusher (I have a funnyer story about mine!) also, snag me some yeasies! KTXBAI!

Cugel, if possible let everyone know how much it all is before hand, some of us dont tend to carry cash ;)

I'll let everyone know on Thursday how much it cost. I have never used paypal to accept money before, so I think we should stick to ca$h.

This is the list so far:

Dead guy ale
Claphamsa
Jezter
Cugel
Yunus

Stout
Claphamsa
Cugel

So using Yoopers published recipe (not what is in her amended version - available in the same thread in a beersmith file).

Stout (2 batches):
14 Lbs Maris Otter,
4 lbs flaked barley,
2 lbs roasted barley.
4 oz EKG

Dead Guy Clone (four batches):
48 lbs US two row, (12 lbs x 4)
3 lbs 4 oz Belgiun Cara-Munich (52 oz, at 13 oz x 4),
3 lbs 4 oz German Munich (52 oz, at 13 oz x 4),
1 lb 12 oz US Crystal 40 deg L (28 oz, at 7 oz x 4),
6 oz Perle (or sub) (1.5 oz x 4)
1 oz Saaz. (0.25 oz x 4)

I was planning on getting all this Thursday.

I'll let you know what I have - I may have some/most/all of the base grains.
If you don't hear back from me by thursday, then go ahead and get what you need.

I think we're good. I let Cugel know we got hops for 1 batch of 10g, and that i would bring 15# of MO and 25# of 2-row. He said he would get the rest.

What is everyone bringing? I can bring a burner and 7.5 gal pot and propane if needed.

Also.... I am probably stopping at state line liquors so if anyone wants me to pick up something for them let me know. It is basiclly the beer mecca around here.

What is everyone bringing? I can bring a burner and 7.5 gal pot and propane if needed.

Also.... I am probably stopping at state line liquors so if anyone wants me to pick up something for them let me know. It is basiclly the beer mecca around here.

If you're riding with us, you aint bringing anything but a bucket or carboy. :)
I'm bringing 2 big kettles, carboys, grain, and a crusher. If I can fit more, I'll bring my mash tun and a burner.

ok, well then lets try and get a true list of what everyone is bringing.... hopefully its not too late and people see this. If I NEED to bring anything I just wont ride with jezter and ill drive down myself.

ok, well then lets try and get a true list of what everyone is bringing.... hopefully its not too late and people see this. If I NEED to bring anything I just wont ride with jezter and ill drive down myself.

I dont think well have any problems.... as long as at leas cugel or yannus canbring a mash tun :)

I'll bring a keggle, propane tank, burner, 10 gallon converted cooler mash. Additional 10 gallon pot for whatever and as many little items as I have. Idophor, stirring spoon, funnels, etc.

If we have an extra propane tank I would rather leave mine at home but unless I hear otherwise I will bring it.

If there's anything else I can fit in my car let me know.

Jezter:
Carboy (for my beer!)
Beer to drink
Grains for recipe
2x kettles
Grain Mill/Drill
Data's carboy

if i can fit anything else, I'll try to bring my burner and mash tun.

Guys, am an extract head (was AG about 8 years ago, but have no time any more).

Nothing to bring except for:
Self,
beer and mead,
ingredients,
fermenters,
irish moss,
movies...

Starter FTW. When I got home mine was at 64 degrees and I pitched a 1.8L starter and pumped it full of oxygen through a tube. This morning at 8am when I checked it was going strong.

Back