McMaster-Carr A++

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sTiNkFiZzle

Reaction score
I just placed me first order from McMaster-Carr online 2 hours ago, the order/items are now sitting on my desk. If that is not 5 Star service. I don't know what is. wow!:mug:

I ordered from McMaster-Carr online, rang up 15 minutes later to ask if I could add another item, and they told me it had already been shipped! They are FAST.

sTiNkFiZzle said:
I just placed me first order from McMaster-Carr online 2 hours ago, the order/items are now sitting on my desk. If that is not 5 Star service. I don't know what is. wow!:mug:

Do you work at McMaster-Carr? How is that possible?

No affiliation :) Had same day shipping written on label. Must have a distribution out of Atlanta. We were cracking up about it here at the office.

That is intense! I expect same day shipping to mean, they will ship it that day and will most likely get to you within close of business the next day... not within 2 hours.

Another vote of Props to McMaster Carr. I have not ordered anything for myself, but have used them extensively at work. Something ordered at 5pm before I head out for the day usually arrives by 9 or 9:30 the next morning....w/ standard shipping!

Another kudos for McMaster-Carr. They do not screw around when it comes to shipping stuff. They've spoiled me. I'm kinda disappointed when packages are not on my front porch the following day. Doesn't happen too often, though.

My local McMaster is a 2.5 hour drive away. I've ordered at 9am and had it delivered by 3pm the same day numerous times. It depends if their local delivery service has picked up yet and if they are going to my area for other deliveries.

I recently visited the McMaster Carr facility near Akron, OH. I was floored when I walked in to go to the will-call counter! There were conveyors and spiral conveyors and cranes and all kinds of automation delivering packages right into the trailer of waiting delivery trucks! No wonder they are so efficient! It was like being in a real world Monsters, INC warehouse! (I have a six year old, gimme a break!)

Im also in the ATL area and have had stuff arrive the same day I've ordered it.
Sometimes Ill go to their will-call at their Atlanta warehouse. That is an amazing experience in itself!

I recently visited the McMaster Carr facility near Akron, OH. I was floored when I walked in to go to the will-call counter! There were conveyors and spiral conveyors and cranes and all kinds of automation delivering packages right into the trailer of waiting delivery trucks! No wonder they are so efficient! It was like being in a real world Monsters, INC warehouse! (I have a six year old, gimme a break!)

I took a tour of the UPS Louisville facility, this is how I would describe it as well. The tour started at midnight, so we could see the operation at work.

PLUS - they're never a rip-off on shipping. Quick service, EVERYTHING in stock, and good pricing.

yes, they're certainly A+ in my book too!

I found out I have a mcmaster carr shipping center 2 miles from my house Im there every week. It a crazy big place.

Back