may be a dumb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumbys_Brew

Reaction score
i'm new to home brewing actually have my first brew fermenting right now. i have bottles but i am looking into making a kegerator for the future when i start kegging myself. but my question is can you refill a mini-keg that you purchased at the grociery store

If its a mini keg with a sanke tap, yeah, you could refill it, but a corny keg is SO much easier. I would say stick with those

do you know where i can find a place that sells cheap crny kegs in the houston area? i see post saying they get them for 13 bucks, but at the local home brew supplier i go to they charge $39

I have used this site before.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/StoreFront.bok

Thier "B" grade kegs are like $90 for 4, and all you have to do is clean them up, replace the seals (like $2) and maybe reglue the tops and bottoms a little. They hold pressure, thus are functional. There are other deals around, but these are they guys I have used before.

Back