Max. temperature while fermenting strawberry wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_g

Reaction score
What is the maximum ambient temperature while fermenting the strawberry wine?
Can somebody explain to me what happens if temperature exceeds the maximum temperatures?

It will be the third year for me in strawberry wine production and every year I make higher quantities, but my basement remains the same size.
So a room in house will be my next thought, or maybe not...

My target is a room in which I fermenting the grape must. It has a good temperature in autumn, when harvesting grapes, but dont know if it will be adequate for summer+the strawberry must...
homer-thinking.gif

Any infos and advices welcome.
Thank you.

Depends on the yeast strain you are using. Some can tolerate a wider range of temperatures. D47 likes to stay pretty cool and not get above a certain temp or it's going to start producing fusels. When you decide on a yeast, look it up and see what the temperature range is for that certain strain.

Ohh, NiteBeest thanks for answer :)
Dont know much about my yeast strain, because I don't use any commercial yeast strain, but only what mother nature offers..
I will try to use the basement space more efficient.

No problem. Using wild yeast though, you're bound to get drastic results each time. If you want to produce a consistently good product, go to a LHBS and pick up some yeast. A pack of dry yeast usually runs around $1. You could always order some online from various websites as well.

I would say anything over 90 degrees would be unacceptable in my book.

Back