mauri lager ferment times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikesandbrews

Reaction score
I have been having trouble with over carbonation in the bottle and I think it might be because of fermentation not being complete before i bottle. It only happens with mauri lager and I always let the brew ferment for 2 weeks with s-05 and s-04 and it always comes out perfect.

How long should i be waiting with Mauri lager?

any tips?

I've been wanting to try mauri, but can't find it here in the US. I would think it would be similar to the other dried yeasts, but don't know for sure. Send me some in the mail and I'll run some tests for you.

So, are you actually lagering the beer? Typically, brewers will pitch lager yeast into a beer and allow it to ferment around 16-18c for a week or two, then lager the beer at about 10c for a minimum of two more weeks, but more typically six to eight weeks. If you're not taking that lagering step, then you're treating the lager yeast like an ale yeast.

If you want a faster, high attenuation ferment on your beer, you can switch to an ale yeast. Even then, if you aren't using a hydrometer to monitor when the actual fermentation is complete, it'll be hard to judge when to bottle the beer. You would probably be safe bottling your beer at three weeks in the primary fermenter for most low to mid gravity beers, but i'd go a month or more on high gravity beers with LOTS of fermentables.

Understood, When i first started brewing a fellow brewer from work told me that "mauri lager was the bee's knees" and i had no idea how to use it and bought a few sachets.

i will not be lagering so should i wait 3 weeks and bottle or filter well?

I would always wait 3 weeks with any yeast. Just good practice. The other thing is to watch your yeast pickup when bottling. Also you could try and cold crash before you bottle.

Latest posts

Back