Massive co2 leak. What is wrong!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I connect the regulator to the tank it's like it doesn't seal and I have a massive leak right at the connection. I also have never seen a regulator with an end piece like this. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389743103.296846.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1389743115.812545.jpg

yes that washer wont seal as the face on the regulator will just contact the mating face on the tank connector.. the washer wont work. ive never seen a regulator with a connector such as that.

The odd part is that it was working great 2 months ago. I didn't use it until now and it just leaks. What kind of stem? I am a kegging/co2 noob.

The odd part is that it was working great 2 months ago. I didn't use it until now and it just leaks. What kind of stem? I am a kegging/co2 noob.

anything different about this tank or is it the same tank? if it is the same tank you just shut it off then tried to use it and it leaks ? maybe take the tank and the regulator to a gas place and show them see what they think

my taprite has a o-ring the matches up to the grove on the tank to make a seal and you do not use a washer

my cheap regulator has a washer but you put it in between the tank and the stem

good luck

S_M

Did you happen to refill the CO2 tank - or otherwise remove the regulator from the tank - in the interim? I'm wondering if there was a fiber washer in the coupler that fell out unnoticed.

I'd at least try a standard fiber washer. If the coupler nut is deep enough it should work...

Cheers!

Yeah I haven't seen that before it would be best to go to your local gas supplier and ask for help. Besides that try to do as people posted and get some washers and try to make it deal. Idk what else to suggest.

I think you're missing a washer. Go to your LHBS or your CO2 provider.

Just as b-boy said. You get the re-usable white nylon one's, or the gray hard fiber one's, which looks like it will work better here. The hard fiber ones are supposed to be one time use, but i use them a couple of times if you don't over-tighten and crush the washer too bad!!

Back