Massive bottle and can collection for sale in Las Vegas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be cool to cherry-pick some of the more unusual ones for a wall display in a bar, but 3000 of them is a bit much.

I like that the collection has an "estimated eBay sale value" of $5000+...but he's selling it on craigslist for $1500 :rolleyes:

man... that'd be the most awesome BB Gun challenge! that'd kill a whole day of shooting each can... :D

actually, i'd be interesting to fish thru them all and find some of the neat ones... rather than buy all of them at once...

I wonder how much i'd cost to ship all those cans? and to ensure that they all stay in tact I wonder how long it would take to sit there and package each one up... :drunk:

Bike N Brew said:
Might be cool to cherry-pick some of the more unusual ones for a wall display in a bar, but 3000 of them is a bit much.

I like that the collection has an "estimated eBay sale value" of $5000+...but he's selling it on craigslist for $1500 :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking. Why sell on cl for 1/3rd unless there's something he's hiding about them?

i think he's saying if he sold them individually (if they truly are hard to find.)

or maybe that was the value BEFORE he drank them :D

i like my bottle collection, but i'm thinking about just taking pictures and discarding. most of them are NOT collectors as they are still available in the same bottles.

besides, my bottles are only worth something to me because i know exactly what that beer tasted like. having some random bottle doesn't mean much IMO

Why you think he is selling them anyway? after 60 years, you think the wife is finally making him? :D

DeathBrewer said:
i like my bottle collection, but i'm thinking about just taking pictures and discarding. most of them are NOT collectors as they are still available in the same bottles.

First post here, but DeathBrewer, if you do have any 40 ounce beer bottles and do discard, you can always contact me. I'm nearing 200 different 40 ounce beer bottles and their variants, and would like to add more. :)

Back