Masshole webcast this Sat (april 16)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We are doing 120 gallon's of The Awesomeness (aka a RR Consecration clone) this Saturday starting about 9:00ish. We are webcasting it 99.887% because our boy Babalu needs to lay his eyes on some brewing and .0113% because, for some reason people like to watch and make fun of Paul.

Link to be posted to this post Sat morning.

It is on livestream.com though.

Ps. Please don't ask me for the recipe. I get 100 PMs per year asking for the Consecration recipe and I am at the point where I don't even respond any more. I emailed Vinnie at RR and he gave it to me. Anyone who wants it should do the same. I thought it was really cool for him to give me the recipe and I'm not going to repay that kindness by posting it for millions on the web. His email address is right on their site.

We'll start about 8:30ish this morning

www.livestream.com/capebrewing

he would probably want you to share the recipe so he doesnt get 1000s of emails asking for it

he would probably want you to share the recipe so he doesnt get 1000s of emails asking for it

Good call

For 120 gallons we're using:

235 lbs of Crystal 60 (luckily, Dakota had it on hand)
31 lbs if Carafa III (for a little color)
19.5 lbs of German Kaiser malt (sounds like a lot but it isnt)
19.5 lbs of heavy peated rauch malt

Hop additions are two lbs of Magnum first wort hopped. With ten minutes left in the boil, we add a half a lb of ground nutmeg.
Another two pounds of magnum at flameout.

Primary with WLP 887 around 80 degrees. I know... Warm.

Good call

Hop additions are two lbs of Magnum first wort hopped. With ten minutes left in the boil, we add a half a lb of ground nutmeg.

Alright, then- I'll see you guys tomorrow!!!!!

Please kiss Jeff for me (on the lips, please) and make sure that he knows how much we miss him.

We ended up with 93 gallons of 1.088 in the fermenters. We did not add the 68 # of amber candi syrup because you know who forgot to pick up the Belgian Inverter at the local brew shop so we couldn't make it. And in his usual bonehead style he 'forgot' to order the nutmeg. So instead of having an adequate supply of nutmeg I get a call early this morning, "Stop at every grocery store you pass and grab all the nutmeg they have!". Opening two pounds of nutmeg in 1/4 ounce Durkee's containers is a HUGE pita. Not to even mention that the recipe CLEARLY calls for freshly growing! We spent $82.26 on F'ing nutmeg!!!!!!!!! One quarter ounce at a time. It will be a cold day in hell before we let Cape handle the ordering again!

PTN

We ended up with 93 gallons of 1.088 in the fermenters. We did not add the 68 # of amber candi syrup because you know who forgot to pick up the Belgian Inverter at the local brew shop so we couldn't make it. And in his usual bonehead style he 'forgot' to order the nutmeg. So instead of having an adequate supply of nutmeg I get a call early this morning, "Stop at every grocery store you pass and grab all the nutmeg they have!". Opening two pounds of nutmeg in 1/4 ounce Durkee's containers is a HUGE pita. Not to even mention that the recipe CLEARLY calls for freshly growing! We spent $82.26 on F'ing nutmeg!!!!!!!!! One quarter ounce at a time. It will be a cold day in hell before we let Cape handle the ordering again!

PTN

Well, I watched carefully. At least you had the 235 pounds of crystal malt ready to go.

Good call

As a moderator of this forum, I feel I must say something about this post.

For those of you who don't "know" Mr. Cape, he's ****ing with us.

Please don't brew this. Or if you do, leave out the peat malt. ;)

Ya that would have been fine except Dodo Head wanted to 'condition' it so it took four hours to grind!

Why didn't DodoHead condition the malt, and then grind it himself like he promised?

Why does he refer to you as friggen Jerk-offs behind your back?

And I had lovely lunch, thanks for asking. It was stir fried chicken with vegetables and a hot chili garlic sauce. He served it with a nice crabapple wine (2009, I believe).

We also had mashed mixed vegetables, sweet potatoes and apple sauce with that lunch, as my grandson joined us and is in the "second foods" level of haute cuisine. That was served with a lovely apple juice in a sippy cup, with prune juice in the bottle of formula due to some gastric issues (not mine).

Uhhhh, what makes you think he doesn't refer to me as friggen Jerk Off to my face?

Like I care.

Because I've been voted the third best homebrewer in the whole friggin' US of A by a jury of my peers.

(Not that I actually HAVE any peers...)

And what sort of beer does Dodo head make? Yes, that's right, ASS beer. So let me ask you, Yoop. Let's pretend for a moment that the Japanese Army "Squirt Gun on the Melting Nuclear Reactor' trick doesn't work and a cloud of toxic death comes wafting across the Pacific Ocean. You have time to drink ONE LAST beer. You just happen to have a bottle of the THIRD BEST HOMEBREW IN THE NATION in your basement. And lets just say for arguments sake that Cape has mailed you a bottle of his world famous ASS beer. The toxic cloud of death will be here in 12 minutes. Which one are you going to drink?

Ya, that's what I thought.

As a moderator of this forum, I feel I must say something about this post.

For those of you who don't "know" Mr. Cape, he's ****ing with us.

Please don't brew this. Or if you do, leave out the peat malt. ;)

Booooooooooooooo!!!!

C'mon!!!!! I was dying to see how many pm's I got that said something like, "hey, where do you buy your kaiser malt? I can't find it anywhere!".

Booooooooooooooo!!!!

C'mon!!!!! I was dying to see how many pm's I got that said something like, "hey, where do you buy your kaiser malt? I can't find it anywhere!".

Interesting, as Yeager called The Witches Brew at 4:50 pm on Saturday afternoon - he was crying to Steve that he couldn't fine Kaiser malt anywhere. Steve just chuckled and hung up the phone.

PaulTheOriginal said:
Interesting, as Yeager called The Witches Brew at 4:50 pm on Saturday afternoon - he was crying to Steve that he couldn't fine Kaiser malt anywhere. Steve just chuckled and hung up the phone.

Jackass

i scaled this recipe down to a 1 gallon batch with some required minor substitutions and its the worst ****ing beer i ever tasted, without a doubt i can clearly say it sucks, what a ****ing waste

i scaled this recipe down to a 1 gallon batch with some required minor substitutions and its the worst ****ing beer i ever tasted, without a doubt i can clearly say it sucks, what a ****ing waste

If this is a real post, it is the greatest post in the history of this website.

If this is a real post, it is the greatest post in the history of this website.

Oh for Christ sakes... get over yourself. I've been making this recipe once a month for a year. Of course, I modified a few things, seeing as how I'm a much better brewer than Cape and am able to both modify recipies on the fly AND act as Pied Piper to Wine Wannabe's. He probably screwed up his calculations and didn't add enough Kaiser malt. Ensnare if your calculation is correct you need to add 34% more. I think Cape put up bad numbers just so his beer would be better. Arsehole!

Fwiw it's only an OK recipe at best... but it IS idiot proof. Or at least I thought so till today.

paulthenurse said:
Oh for Christ sakes... get over yourself. I've been making this recipe once a month for a year. Of course, I modified a few things, seeing as how I'm a much better brewer than Cape and am able to both modify recipies on the fly AND act as Pied Piper to Wine Wannabe's. He probably screwed up his calculations and didn't add enough Kaiser malt. Ensnare if your calculation is correct you need to add 34% more. I think Cape put up bad numbers just so his beer would be better. Arsehole! Fwiw it's only an OK recipe at best... but it IS idiot proof. Or at least I thought so till today.

You just said in another thread you have brewed twice in the last year

Back