Mashing Equipment Recommandation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PereFecto

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm looking to buy the equipement for full mashing, and I need your recommandation about it.

The HomeBrewStuff.com site offert tones of variant for this and I wounder if what I'm looking in the site fit my needs.

I want to be able to mash a 5 gallons batch, so I have selected the main product I think I could need:

-8 Gallon Stainless Mash Tun - SKU:MT-8N
-6" Propane Burner w/Tall Stand - SKU :SP50
-1/2" Barb X 1/2" MPT Adapter - SKU:SS-06

Is this good and enough ? Any comment are welcome, this is a big investment, since I need to pay more than $100 for the shipping.

Many thanks

That setup looks good. The pot looks like a Megapot that I have and it is tough. How are you going to sparge? Are you batch or fly sparging? You are going to have to capture the wort so you will another container/pot for that. You might consider some silicon hose for the hot runnings.

I already have all the equipement for partial mash and extract malt, Im use to it now. Plastic 5 gallons brewpot, silicon hose, carboy, etc...I just need the equipment for full mashing.

What do you mean by batch or fly sparging ? I don't know all english lingo.

I already have all the equipement for partial mash and extract malt, Im use to it now. Plastic 5 gallons brewpot, silicon hose, carboy, etc...I just need the equipment for full mashing.

What do you mean by batch or fly sparging ? I don't know all english lingo.
It is the way the grain is rinsed after the mash is complete. In fly sparging the water is slowly added to the grain and the wort is drained at the same rate.

Batch spaging is adding a lot of water after mashing,stirring, then draining.

Have you considered a cooler mash tun? Mashing in a stainless kettle is great, but you will either need to insulate it, or add heat during the mash.

Latest posts

Back