Mash/sparge water temperature control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcw203

Reaction score
I have built myself a three tier stand with on burner up top for heating sparge water and one burner on bottom for the boil. I use a 10 gallon igloo cooler for my mash but I think I'm ready to do a direct fire mash tun. My question is that before I add a burner and have the headache of trying to keep my mash temperature stable manually are there any kits out there that I can order for this application. And if there is oils you please post them . I've searched the Internet and I guess my googling skills just aren't good enough to find what I needed.

You'd be surprised how well a stainless steel keggle will hold temperature if preheated. You may not need to add a burner, and I would suggest trying without one first.

Well I didn't realize that and have also thought about insulating it but would like to recirculate my mash age want pretty tight temp control

I do nothing fancy with my mash or sparge, just a single infusion with batch spague. I cannot comment on any sort of RIMS and temperature control.

Back