Mash help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewnman

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing my first 10gallon AG and was wondering if i could get some help with the mash schedule. it will be a single infusion mash in a 60qt IGLOO. I have tried to do some searching and have messed around with promash and beersmith but not enough to figure out what to do exactly. Hopefully i am making sense i am still very new to all grain.

Single Infusion mash for 60 minutes at 152 degrees.

The recipe was posted by drayman86 under EdWorts Haus Pale Ale forum. (a ten gallon replica of edworts haus pale ale)

Ten gallon

Ingredients

16.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US
2.00 lb Vienna Malt
1.50 lb Munich Malt - 20L

1.25 oz Amarillo Gold [8.90 %] (60 min) Hops 19.8 IBU
1.25 oz Amarillo Gold [8.90 %] (30 min) Hops 15.2 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.90 %] (15 min) Hops 3.9 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.90 %] (5 min) Hops 1.6 IBU
2 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

1.00 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (Dry Hop)

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.053 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.013 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.23 %
Bitterness: 40.5 IBU

In promash, there's an application that can give you strike temperature for your mash. You put in your grain weight, it's temperature and the amount of water. That will tell you the temperature of the water you want to add to hit 152 degrees.

After 60 minutes, drain that to your kettle, then sparge with 1.5-2 volumes (compared to the mash) of 170+ degree water. After 5 minutes, drain to the kettle and boil. Make sure you preheat the mash tun and vorlauf.

I'd read the AG section on www.howtobrew.com for more in depth AG procedure.

Back