Marking Swing Top Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qeelin

Reaction score
Most of my bottles are the EZ-cap, swing top type Like this. My question is, has anyone ever found an easy way to mark these bottles so they can tell different brews apart? With normal bottle caps I can just mark the cap with a sharpie but I don't want to do that with these swing top bottles. Labels won't work because I often put them in an ice chest and the water will just wash them off. Help!

Ronnie

I use white dots and write on them... however I do this on normal caps that get tossed. I guess you could always just put more stickers on top? or maybe some paper with scotch tape on top? that should peel of easy.

I JUST thought of this. But what about using s sharpie to write on thick rubber bands and then put them around the bottles?

like others, i've used the white dots and write on them.....removing the adhesive from the cap can be time consuming at times....i've since started sticking them on the bottoms of the bottles and they just slide off after some soaking.

I JUST thought of this. But what about using s sharpie to write on thick rubber bands and then put them around the bottles?

This is a great idea. I thought about attaching something to the bottle that wouldn't melt in ice water but rubber bands never crossed my mind. Thanks!

Back