Marking forums read

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

hotbeer

Opinionated Newb
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It'd really be nice if when inside a sub-forum and selecting <mark read> that it would also give me a button to <mark read and exit sub-forum> so I didn't have to go through all the reload drama as my PC isn't the spiffiest any more. Instead my only choice in the fly-out box is <mark read> which leaves me in the same place I've no longer need to be. Since by using the tool to mark the forum read, I'm essentially saying I've seen everything here I want to see!

As well, when at the list of all the sub-forums, I've always felt like I should be able to double click on those big beer mugs on the side of each sub-forum to also mark it read.

Maybe the forum software doesn't support it, but it'd sure be nice.

HBT_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'll tell the head tech so he can let XenForo know that would be a good added feature for the next upgrade.

Also, you say you have a not spiffy any more laptop. What version of Win and Browser are you using? Have you cleared your temp files to make the laptop work better, quicker?

OP
OP
hotbeer

hotbeer

Opinionated Newb
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Also, you say you have a not spiffy any more laptop. What version of Win and Browser are you using? Have you cleared your temp files to make the laptop work better, quicker?
My OS is Win 10, and mainly I still use chrome, but also Firefox. Everything is updated regularly as well as my browser cache cleared.

Not so much a machine issue as much as it is a website design that just makes me do a extra click to exit the sub-forum. But certainly this isn't the only forum site with this or similar going on.

Although I could just exit without marking it read. But then I'd not readily see if any threads or replies were added.

OP
OP
hotbeer

hotbeer

Opinionated Newb
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Double clicking those beer mugs after getting back to the previous level would be my first choice for marking a forum read. Though I might miss a new thread at it's inception, I'm fine with that.