Marking bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L0nni3

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to mark bottles? I tried different caps, but a few brew got the same caps. Which led to the welcomed problem of guessing what beer I was about to open. Any easy solutions to this problem?

Sharpie. Write a letter on the caps.

I have A for Amber, W for Weizen, P for Porter and B for Brown right now.

Sharpie the tops is a good start. You can also find colored bottle caps -- use a single color for each batch and you can easily identify them in storage or in the fridge. The pack I got had something like a dozen different colors

When ever I bottle I always like to make a lable for each bottle, but I don't want to wash labels off bottles after each fill. That's why I started making labels for the bottle caps. Each of the pics will fit onto 1" labels that I put on every bottle cap, and this system is working well.
I use the Avery® White Print or Write Clear Mailing Seals for Laser and Inkjet Printers 5248, 1" Round, Pack of 480
Print or Write Mailing Seals, Clear
I just thought it would be cool to post pictures of your homebrew labels.

I use just the top picture of these labels for my bottle caps if I bottle any. Other wise I just print out a 4x6 picture of the whole label for the kegerator.

Here are a couple of mine.

Darkness.jpg

Devils Sin.jpg

Oatmeal Stout.jpg

Labels.jpg

When ever I bottle I always like to make a lable for each bottle, but I don't want to wash labels off bottles after each fill. That's why I started making labels for the bottle caps. Each of the pics will fit onto 1" labels that I put on every bottle cap, and this system is working well.
I use the Avery® White Print or Write Clear Mailing Seals for Laser and Inkjet Printers 5248, 1" Round, Pack of 480
Print or Write Mailing Seals, Clear
I just thought it would be cool to post pictures of your homebrew labels.

I use just the top picture of these labels for my bottle caps if I bottle any. Other wise I just print out a 4x6 picture of the whole label for the kegerator.

Here are a couple of mine.

What program do you use to make those labels?

Back