March Pumps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
So been looking at at the brew sculpture thread, And i have decided it would be a good winter project to do.

looking at cost tho, one of the most expensive items is the march pump.

I see them anywhere Starting at 150 bucks going up.

There has to be something cheaper somewhere else than this, Right?

$115 or $150, doesn't matter, worth every penny. The part I dreaded the most was either moving lots of hot water in one go, or moving it very slowly quart by quart. It is the second best safety investment I've made (the GFCI obviously is the best :D).

I just bought one; $79 shipped. How bad can it be????

According to the feedback on ebay; this pump is as good as the March 809, but much cheaper.

What's with these pumps all having no plug? I guess they're meant to be hardwired? how easy is it to add a plug - probably a simple home depot part?

edit: search function works.
3 prong plug.

I don't think the pump was even close to the most expensive part for the build I have. i spent more on my quick disconnects and tubing. Not mention the control box and running an extra 220 outlet.

Most of the cheaper March pumps either have no plug and mount or else are the front inlet type (which are not as good).

It's worth the extra few bucks for the plug and mount plate... just more convenient.

Back