March Pump Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayabusa

Reaction score
To control the flow; should I put a ball valve before the IN or after the OUT.... My march also came with a filter housing and some filters, anyone filtering their wort from the BK before they hit the fermenter or are you supposed to filter after fermentation (I keg so I don't care about the yeasties)

:ban: <- not sure why this is here, but I always wanted to use him.

Valve on the OUT side only.

Filter? Weird... I would not filter, it may easily get plugged

People who do filter, dont know any of them, but they filter after fermentation to get the haze and yeast out.

Valve on the OUT side only.

Filter? Weird... I would not filter, it may easily get plugged

People who do filter, dont know any of them, but they filter after fermentation to get the haze and yeast out.

Here it is.... Came as a package.

filter.jpg

Yeah, there is no point in filtering prior to the ferment, as you are introducing yeast anyway. Also, if you filter out all of the trub, you will impede the health of your yeast, as trub has been found to be GOOD for yeasties.

I might try it before I keg to see the difference in clarity.... will report back.

Back