March Pump Control Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MussBrew

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to lanvp for this build! Just tested it out and it ROCKS :rockin:

-1.jpg

-2.jpg

Do you have a link to the build instructions? I just got a March Pump and want to do something like this.

Thanks.

Tim

Does it have a fan or something on the box to make sure it doesn't overheat? Looks like a great setup.

Klaus

That would be my concern with this too. The pump motors are air cooled by an integral fan and it would seem that enclosing the pumps in a box would likely cause overheating problems.

That would be my concern with this too. The pump motors are air cooled by an integral fan and it would seem that enclosing the pumps in a box would likely cause overheating problems.

Well, that was an initial concern but I have been using it in my HERMS system recirculating wort for the full mashing process without a problem. There is gap at between the pump and the enclosure that allows for the air to move. Plan "B" was to drill holes on the back bottom if the temperature was high but so far no need to do that. It's been a year since I upgraded to a HERMS and the pump still running strong. :)

Hope this helps.

Cheers! :tank:

I ran the pump for an hour and with the 8x8 box it seems to have enough space not to heat up to a concerning level. The hole where the pump head comes through seem to provide some venting for fan. I'll be brewing more later this week, I will keep you posted... Cheers

Back