March pump 809

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanGuy

Reaction score
This will be the second single tier system I have worked on. Everything is readdy to go, except the stand, question is this, I have looked for an answer other places, Does it matter the orientation of the March pump? I never see anyone mount the pumps vertically with the impeller housing facing up. Is there a reason for this? Can it be done?

That will work. The only issue would be if you have a leak. The water might run into the pump motor.

Any direction is fine as long as it's lower than the source (since the March pump is not self priming).

Think about having a trapped bubble of air inside a tube, how would you best orient it to allow that bubble to rise to the surface and break free? The best answer is with that solution IMO.

Thanks guys for the input. I think I will try it, Maybe I will spin it 180 with the motor up, to keep leaks from dripping in the motor, and use a drip shield. Cheers!

The maker recommends that you orient it so that the output it pointing up. They labeled the front of the motor so that it reads 'out', oriented correctly on the front top.

Latest posts

Back