mangrove jacks pilsner og

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allanyork

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what my original gravity might be. I have mangrove jacks pilsner in the bag. Its liquid malt extract(2.2 kg) and I also have 1.3 kg of lme light. How can I calculate the og in a 23 litre batch?
Also should I use hops? I was thinking DRG hopping saz. 2 oz?

Thanks guys

I used this website to calculate og:
http://www.brewersfriend.com/allgrain-ogfg/

It came out to be 1.098, that seems high?

Yes. It does seem high. I got 1.051 after converting to standard units and rounding up.

(DME 44ppg)*(2.2*1.3kg) = 126 / ( 23L/3.78 )= 21
(LME 37ppg)*(2.2*2.2kg) = 179 / (23L/3.78 )= 30

21+30=51 points or 1.051

Brewers Friend gives 1.048

Yeah that makes more sence. do you think dry hopping with saz pellets would be a good idea?

Yeah that makes more sence. do you think dry hopping with saz pellets would be a good idea?

I'm not really familiar with MJ kits or the recipe that you're following, so I'm not really in a position to say whether or not dry hopping is a good idea... If you've done this kit before and were not impressed with the hop aroma, then go for it. Maybe start with 1oz czech saaz pellets. Otherwise, if this is your first time making this particular kit, then just follow the instructions to the letter. Dial in your process. Taste the fruits of your labor, and make changes on your next go around.

Cheers!

Back