Mangrove jack cider kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walshy5050

Reaction score
Hi all im new to this just brewed my first mangrove jack strawberry and pear cider it been fermenting for 11 days a cording to the instructions I should have bottled it on day 7 but it still cloudy is it ok to bottle and will it clear
The other question iv got after reading so many forums in the first stage of fermenting am I ok to add to the brew such as ginger root or chopped apple to add to the flavor
Many thanks
Alan

One question.. what temperature do you have it fermenting at?

I'd probably give it another two weeks at least to ferment if you are in the right temperature range.. week three to four it will most likely clear up quite a bit...
and make sure it has fully fermented out.

Hi its at 22 degrees it stopped fermenting after abiut 5 6 days and the instructions say bottle after day 8 then leave for t 2 to 3 weeks before drinking
Thanks for the reply

I'm curious about this...how did the MJ Strawberry Pear cider turn out? I followed the recipe and excluded the sweetener for dryness sake...I'm going to keg a portion and bottle the rest...

Back