Mango

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chadwell

Reaction score
I was looking to introduce Mango into a 5 gallon batch of stout. I figure I'd need 4oz of pure extract. I found a web site on-line (not a HBS) that sold Mango extract:

http://www.olivenation.com/item-369/Pure-Mango-Extract?gdftrk=gdfV21779_a_7c145_a_7c352_a_7cEMG4

It contains propelyn glycol. Would that damage my batch? Think I should go with a mango puree instead? Any advice? I was going to just add at time of bottling/kegging with an extract similar to what I have done with Raspberry Wheats and Watermelon Ales in the past.

"Ingredients: natural mango extract with propelyn glycol."

Man. I thought this was going ot be a Chris Kattan tribute thread. So disappointing. :(

I don't know anything about that additive. But I think I'd tend to go with fresh fruit puree whenever possible.

haha, I thought of that potential for confusion when I created the topic. I even did the Chris Kattan "Mango" voice when I typed it in. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the reply. The problem I have with puree (I have used pumpkin before) is that I feel like it all settles to the bottom and the flavor isn't quite there. Probably user error...

Back