Man this is a weird town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernik

Reaction score
When I was a young and disaffected youth I did what a normal kid did. I went down to the park, smoked, drank, and got laid.

Tonight I made a 9pm run down to Walmart to pick up some firewood for my wife. (Before you rag on me for shopping at Walmart, its the closest store to my house. And by "closest" I mean its only 7 miles away).

I walk in the door and its like a pre-teen goth convention.

What, were they all at Jr. High this morning and thought, "Let's rebel against society. We'll go to Walmart. We'll have a swell time, surely."

What is this world coming to?

When I think of Utah I'm always reminded of the movie SLC Punk! I haven't seen it in a long while but I remember they sure were doing weird stuff...

good movie by the way

Try living in an 80 year old house. Some nights running the boiler isn't enough.

And if I tried to put SWMBO in the mood by throwing dollar bills at her, she'd deck me.

walmart-bingo-rat-tail-hair-style-child-without-sh1.jpg

Now that I've thought about it some more. They were probably all there to buy "I *heart* Edward" necklaces and the new twilight DVD.

Vegetarian vamps. Where's the fun in that?

Dude...you live in SLC and that's the weirdest thing you could think of? Head on down to Temple Square, then tell us about weirdness!

When I was a young and disaffected youth I did what a normal kid did. I went down to the park, smoked, drank, and got laid.

Tonight I made a 9pm run down to Walmart to pick up some firewood for my wife. (Before you rag on me for shopping at Walmart, its the closest store to my house. And by "closest" I mean its only 7 miles away).

I walk in the door and its like a pre-teen goth convention.

What, were they all at Jr. High this morning and thought, "Let's rebel against society. We'll go to Walmart. We'll have a swell time, surely."

What is this world coming to?

Same deal here in Indiana, except add illegal aliens.

Dude...you live in SLC and that's the weirdest thing you could think of? Head on down to Temple Square, then tell us about weirdness!

The only thing weird about Temple Square is that those are the whitebreadiest-vanilla people on the planet.

The only thing weird about Temple Square is that those are the whitebreadiest-vanilla people on the planet.

I was asked to leave one time because I was riding my longboard down there. Or maybe they can just sense when you're not one of them?

Went the other day so my daughter could get a new video game and they had a whole rack of Forks High School t-shirts.

I grew up in Forks and went to Forks High. I have boxes full of old Forks High School shirts and hoodies and stuff. Thinking I might have to put 'em on Ebay or something! Starting bid for my letterman's jacket will be $500 I think.

Hey guys, don't panic. You are Americans .. from the USA (for any Canadians, Mexicans or other you say that there are two continents full of Americans). It's not your fault, its a quirk of birth and possibly immigration. Don't sweat it, the rest of the world know you guys are mad as cut snakes, but hey .. we still love ya!! Well, those of you who brew. The rest of the bastards aren't worthy of us!

I think that may be for a couple of reasons.

It seems like 20, 30, 40 years ago, many people just accepted that smoking dope, drinking beer, and casual sex were part of the youth culture. If you were caught you got a slap on the wrist.

Nowadays, with zero tolerance, huge fines for underage drinking, etc it's just not as worthwhile as it used to be.

And these days all it takes is 1 dummy with a cell phone camera and a some uploaded facebook pics to get a lot of people into trouble.

I think that may be for a couple of reasons.

It seems like 20, 30, 40 years ago, many people just accepted that smoking dope, drinking beer, and casual sex were part of the youth culture. If you were caught you got a slap on the wrist.

Nowadays, with zero tolerance, huge fines for underage drinking, etc it's just not as worthwhile as it used to be.

And these days all it takes is 1 dummy with a cell phone camera and a some uploaded facebook pics to get a lot of people into trouble.

Yeah, but today, blibjobs are about as easy to get as a kiss on the cheek 20 years ago. It's just a more common thing, from what I've heard.

Oh, to be young again...

I don't think I'd turn the clock back. I'm lucky to have lived through all that crap once. I might not survive it a second time.

Back