Man, That was fast....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just emptied my first keg...I drank that batch really fast. UGH!!!!!I don't have another one ready. I just racked a pils into my secondary tonight...What's a homebrewer to do...

Well, Atleast I will be racking an Apfelwein to a keg this weekend..But.......

I have never done this before...but...I would think that if they did this...
you would bring your clean/sanitized keg to them...they would fill it...bring it home and hit it wit CO2 to "top off" the pressure and re-carb abit...(a day should be more than enough) then enjoy.

If John Harvards doesn't do it...google brew pubs in your area and call around.

-Will

I would imagine that any place that is willing to fill a growler will probably fill a corny for you. I would try John Harvard's also, maybe Boston Beer Works also. You won't need to let if condition if they're already serving it.

They will do that for us in Nashville at Blackstone Brewery. You bring a clean corny, they sanitize and fill it, no extra charge!

I have the opposite problem. I have 3 beers waiting for an open tap, and 15 more gallons in primary right now.

I need more taps.

That's a much better "problem" than the OP's. I've been flat out of beer even with a 4 tap kegger. That sucks and stinks of brewer laziness. You have to brew your next batch at minimum, just as you start drinking the previous batch. I currently have 8 kegs tapped, four of them on picnic faucets just sitting in my garage in the 39F ambient. I hope to kick a few during superbowl to make some room.

Well, I have two taps, and started kegging right at Christmas. I'm just about out of beer! We (my husband and I) drank 3 entire kegs and are finishing up the fourth, since Christmas. That's right. 4 kegs in one month for two people. We didn't have a party or anyone over. One person stopped in for a pint, and I took one growler to a gathering. That's it. The rest was consumed by the two of us.

Now, that is absolutely amazing to me. I have to brew even more.

Bulls Beers said:
If they agree, What would i need to do? Just bring a keg? Do I have to let it condition?

I've done this and you need to have pressure on your corny keg to balance out the pressure from the serving tank. In other words, I brought my keg and co2 setup with me when I did it...

Try Owen Oleary's in Natcik , Harvards is about 5 minute up the road on rte. 9 in Framingham. Owen's has the best beer of any brew pub in Eastern Mass. There's also Watch City in Waltham they have pretty good beer too.

YooperBrew said:
Well, I have two taps, and started kegging right at Christmas. I'm just about out of beer! We (my husband and I) drank 3 entire kegs and are finishing up the fourth, since Christmas. That's right. 4 kegs in one month for two people. We didn't have a party or anyone over. One person stopped in for a pint, and I took one growler to a gathering. That's it. The rest was consumed by the two of us.

Now, that is absolutely amazing to me. I have to brew even more.

This is the exact reason that I'm afraid of kegging... I know that we have absolutely NO self control and would drink a lot more than we could brew to keep up with demand.

:mug:

I share your pain. I just tapped my Hobgoblin for the first (real) time on Monday. (I took 2, maybe 3 pints out before that, just for experimenting with how fast it ages/naturally carbonates. I'm curious, ya know.) It's already 1/2 empty and out of pressure. Gotta get my gas line fixed if I want more beer!

bigjohnmilford said:
Try Owen Oleary's in Natcik , Harvards is about 5 minute up the road on rte. 9 in Framingham. Owen's has the best beer of any brew pub in Eastern Mass. There's also Watch City in Waltham they have pretty good beer too.

I know all three. Do they provide this service for the homebrewer?

Melana said:
This is the exact reason that I'm afraid of kegging... I know that we have absolutely NO self control and would drink a lot more than we could brew to keep up with demand.

:mug:

I wasn't sure how fast it would go. I kegged this batch on the 29th. I tapped it a week later. It was empty last night. So what's that. 3 weeks or so to drink this keg...I had one friend over to have some. He had about 4 or 5 pints, the rest was me.

I bought those small plastic tumbler cups to have a little taste. Seems i've had alot of little tastes..Jeez!!!:drunk:

ohiobrewtus said:
I have the opposite problem. I have 3 beers waiting for an open tap, and 15 more gallons in primary right now.

I need more taps.

Hey OB, are you only kegging or are you bottling too?

I am trying to stock up so I don't have to drink "green" beer and I won't run out. I have 1 tap and 1 picnic tap...and 3 almost full kegs with one more conditioning...I am planning on making a LHBS run tonight to get stuff to brew another.

I tend to give most of my beer away then when I want one...I am out...can't let that happen anymore :)

Good luck...let us know who you go to and how much they charge...

-Will

Back