Man, I love Alamo Draft House

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Took the family to see Prince Caspian tonight at the Alamo Draft House. What a place. Sit and watch a move while eating a great pizza and enjoying a pitcher of Franziskanner Bavarian Hefeweizen with SWMBO.

Then, after the meal, we enjoyed a pitcher of Stone IPA as we watched the rest of the movie.

My daughter then drove us home.

Life is good. :cross:

Ed, that sounds like a fantastic night out! SWMBO and I would definitely be interested in joining you for a similar evening sometime next month.

Franziskanner Hefe and Stone IPA on tap? Green with envy...

On the other hand, I've got a sixer of very well stored Spaten Optimator in the fridge right now. My glass is nearly empty, and I'm still thirsty...

Man, the Alamo Draft House it without a doubt my favorite place in Austin. SWMBO and I used to got there every single weekend when we were in high school... I'm really freaked out that the 'original' is closed now! I haven't been to the Alamo Ritz but will next month...

I've only actually had a beer there once bc my age but I've always been impressed with their offerings, plus the food rocks!

Yuri, I could be wrong but I think there is one in San Antonio... http://www.drafthouse.com/

Yeah, we were set to go to the South Lamar one, but they were sold out for the show we wanted to see. I was all set for a pizza and a couple of pitchers of Kona Pale Ale. See the beer list below, each Alamo has different beers.

Anyway, we went to the one up at Lake Creek in NW Austin and I first ordered a pitcher of Paulener Hefe. The waiter came back and told me they were out. Any way he said they just put on a new keg of hefe, but could not tell me what it was and that he would check. He comes back and tells me they have some belgian franceeker beer. I said, you mean Franziskanner? Yeah, that's it. Woot! bring it!

I'm glad I was able to persuade SWMBO to join me for some Stone IPA. I'm slowly developing her hop pallet. She had two glasses.!!!

DRAFT BEER at South Lamar

Prices listed by the pint and by the pitcher

AMBER: “ORIGINAL” DRAFTHOUSE AMBER ALE - SMOOTH AMBER, BREWED IN AUSTIN $4.50 $18.00

AMBER: ANCHOR STEAM - DEEP, CREAMY AMBER $4.50 $18.00

AMBER: LIVE OAK BIGBARK - SWEET AMBER ALE, BREWED IN AUSTIN $4.50 $18.00

PILSNER: VICTORY PRIMA PILSNER - AMERICAN STYLE PILSNER, LIGHTLY HOPPY $4.50 $18.00

ALE!!: ARROGANT BASTARD - INSANELY HOPPY. FOR SERIOUS BEER LOVERS ONLY! ARE YOU WORTHY? $5.25 $21.00

BARLEY: OLD FOGHORN - BIG, HIGH ALCOHOL BARLEY WINE KICK FROM THE ANCHOR BREWERY $5.25 $21.00

BLONDE: REAL ALE FIREMAN’S #4 - CRISP, LIGHT, REFRESHING $4.50 $18.00

BOCK: SHINER BOCK - A TEXAS TRADITION $4.00 $16.00

BROWN: INDEPENDENCE BOOTLEGGER BROWN - THICK CHOCOLATEY, BREWED IN AUSTIN $4.50 $18.00

BROWN: NEWCASTLE BROWN ALE - CLASSIC SMOOTH NUT BROWN ALE $4.75 $19.00

CIDER: ACE PEAR CIDER - PLEASANT PEAR TASTE, NOT TOO SWEET, REFRESHING $5.25 $21.00

LAGER: DOS EQUIS SPECIAL LAGER - MILD REFRESHING LAGER $4.00 $16.00

LAGER: HARP LAGER - LIGHT IRISH LAGER $4.50 $18.00

LAGER: STELLA ARTOIS - THE PRE-EMINENT BELGIAN LAGER $4.75 $19.00

LAGER: STEAMWORKS STEAM ENGINE LAGER - LIGHTLY MALTY BUT CRISP LAGER $4.50 $18.00

PALE: BASS ALE - CLASSIC SMOOTH AMBER ALE $4.75 $19.00

PALE: KONA FIRE ROCK PALE ALE - MILD PALE ALE FROM HAWAII $4.25 $17.00

PALE: SIERRA NEVADA PALE ALE- FULL BODY HOPPY PALE $4.50 $18.00

PALE: STEAMWORKS THIRD EYE PALE ALE - AMERICAN STYLE PALE ALE, EXTREME HOPS! $4.50 $18.00

STOUT: GUINNESS - CREAMY DARK GOODNESS... SOUTH BEACH FRIENDLY AT ONLY 125 CALORIES $4.50 $17.00

WHEAT: LIVE OAK HEFEWEIZEN - LOCAL FAVORITE BACK ON TAP $4.00 $15.00

WHEAT: PYRAMID HEFEWEIZEN - UNFILTERED WHEAT. GREAT FOR THE SUMMER $4.50 $18.00

WHEAT: HOEGAARDEN - FULL-FLAVORED BELGIAN WHITE, FROM THE RECIPE OF PIERRE CELIS $4.75 $19.00

That's one damn fine beer menu. Why are there none of these places in Ohio?!?! :D

I miss the Alamo draft house, I used to live in Austin. The best time was when I saw Superfly and they were giving out 40's of Schlitz with each ticket! Not the best beer but it was fun...

Back