Malt Mill recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My Barley Crusher finally **** the bed and I am in need of a new malt mill as I am not confident that BC is going to honor their " Lifetime Warranty". I say this because there is no contact info on their website. The email address is no good. I had to go to the MI. Secretary of State website in order to get a physical address. I plan on snail mailing him tomorrow to see if he will fix or replace my mill but my search on the intergoogle revealed that he is not very timely or good at honoring his warranty. I do not want to wait two months for a "possible" replacement so I can brew again

I vow for the Monster Mill, either the regular 1.5" MM2 or the 2" MM2 2.0 version. Get the 1/2" shaft option if you have a drill with a 1/2" chuck.

This guy may honor the BC warranty if pushed hard enough, but you got to stay on top of it. I've read people having success by persistence or even threats. But I wouldn't wait for his action may not materialize anytime soon.

http://schmidling.com/maltmill.htm

JSP barebones mill, adjustable, gear driven rollers non hardened, made in the USA and lifetime warr for $174 shipped. I made my own mounting plate and hopper. Future plan is to build a motorized stand.

smugshot_1758122-XL.jpg

smugshot_8208720-XL.jpg

I got a reply from him today and told me to send the mill to him for repair. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. it just sucks because I am w/o a mill until it comes back

Small price to pay or having to have the LHBS shop mill grains for the time being

I have roughly #300+ base and specialty malts in my basement. I'd love some floor malted MO but SWMBO would be pissed if I buy more w/o using what I have already

I sent my mill back two weeks ago for replacement and I just got it back today. I have not had a chance to use it yet but will this weekend

http://www.millarsmills.com/

This is what I just got, works extremely well, very pleased with the construction and it's made in the US. Hardened rollers, ball bearings, easy to adjust and best of all a 7lb hopper. Very easy to adjust very good assembly and usage booklet as well it came with two wrenches for assembly

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back