Malt Bomb anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannable1975

Reaction score
So I made a SMaSH out of Marris Otter and Williamette. I know the hops would be subdued, but at bottling time tonight I cannot taste them AT ALL.

I may have made my first Malt Liquor.. ( j/k )

But seriously - I always drink whatever is left in the bottle bucket when I know there is not a whole bottle left - and this was SWEET - no bite, no aroma - nada, zilch, nothing...

I guess I am in for a surprise in about three weeks....

( Those who will ask - 10lbs MO, 1 oz Williamette 60 mins, 1 oz 15 mins, used US-05 22g < 2 packets > BIAB brew, 6.25 galls on boil, 5 gallons ferment. )

What was the OG and FG? Just wondering because I have made almost the exact same beer. I don't thing mine was particularly bitter but no where near sweet. Mine was a pretty decent bitter.

Sadly I will never know - I dropped the hydro while walking to the pot to take the OG, and it broke. ( Speaking of which, I still need to get another one.... )

At least you didn't drop it in the beer like I keep doing. I have a recipe I call Leaden Lager now because I've dropped the hydro in it twice.

One ounce of Williamette isn't a lot, but I bet you will be able to taste it after it finishes fermenting out the sugar.

let it ride... flavors may come together... If not ship it to me & I'll dispose of properly.. on my tap. been a malt over hop fan lately.... IPA burn out?.?.?

Back