Making My First Homebrew Beer: Part 2 - Brew Day Continues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow56

Reaction score
Making My First Homebrew Beer: Part 2 - Brew Day Continues

This was filmed on 2-6-2015. Fermentation is still ongoing.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcHKSlmCes[/ame]

Terry

You could've done an ice bath with the hot wort in the kettle like I do. I chill it down to 75F or so, then strain into the fermenter. Of course, that's because I add hops loose & my grain bag is coarse mesh nylon & I get some poofy grain stuff along with the hop gunk. Chilling the top off water in the fridge a day or two before brew day allows me to get the 75F wort in the FV down to 62-65F. A god yeast pitch temp.
I like hoe yo used a label design in beer labelizer on your shirt! I never thought of doing that...:mug:

I hope that you really like vanilla. A full bottle in a 2 gall batch is a lot and will overpower the beer. That stuff is strong and a little goes a long way.

I hope that you really like vanilla. A full bottle in a 2 gall batch is a lot and will overpower the beer. That stuff is strong and a little goes a long way.

Yep, I realized after the fact that I made a few mistakes, that being one of them. I read that amount in a recipe and forgot to adjust for the smaller batch. Luckily I do like vanilla. I must have done something right though, 17 days and the airlock is still burping. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Terry

Back