Making Graff with Pasteurized Cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinginct

Reaction score
I'm about to make a batch of graff and noticed that the cider I bought is pasteurized.

As far as I can tell there aren't any preservatives in the cider, so that's good. But do I have to add anything extra to the original Graff recipe to make this work like some yeast nutrient? I don't think I have to, just b/c the original recipe doesn't mention it. Any thoughts?

Also, what would be the best way to clarify this apart from racking it a couple of times? Maybe throw some irish moss in the last 10 minutes of the wort boil?

Thanks in advance.

I'm about to make a batch of graff and noticed that the cider I bought is pasteurized.

As far as I can tell there aren't any preservatives in the cider, so that's good. But do I have to add anything extra to the original Graff recipe to make this work like some yeast nutrient? I don't think I have to, just b/c the original recipe doesn't mention it. Any thoughts?

Also, what would be the best way to clarify this apart from racking it a couple of times? Maybe throw some irish moss in the last 10 minutes of the wort boil?

Thanks in advance.

You don't have to add nutrient, but you certainly can if you want; I add a 1/2 dose of nutrient to graff. As fo clearing, I just let time work for me. Regards, GF.

Back