Making first soda tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

TooShort4

Banned
Reaction score
So tonight I was at work at the grocery store I work at, and finally cracked and bought two $.50 20oz faygos (which I drank and now I have the empty plastic bottle), a package of yeast and orange extract. Tonight I will attempt my first soda brew, Orange. Il let you know how it turns out!

Update: Its all mixed together. I found my old mini fridge, and plugged it in but turned it off, so its room temp. in there and I laid the bottle down sideways inside, and whenever it carbs up and gets hard, I will just turn the switch on so it chills.

OP
T

TooShort4

Banned
Reaction score
sounds like a good plan
Thanks. I also had another idea but I don't know if it would work, as this is only my first soda. What if I put the yeast in a teabag and dropped it in the soda, and then when it carbs up, take the teabag of yeast out?

Annoyingnoise

Reaction score
Congrats on your first soda! If you like it, post the recipe. I tried an orange soda a couple months back, but didn't like the recipe. I'd try again though. House favorite here is grape soda.
Recommendation. Keep those yeasty beasts in the bottle, tis goood stuff.

OP
T

TooShort4

Banned
Reaction score
@ Yuri: I gotcha :) well hey, atleast it sounded like a good idea! This is all new to me, so its a learning process. haha.

It's been 9 hours and its carbing nicely. Very hard already. I'l give it until after school and fridge it up.