major colour difference?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naladaly

Reaction score
I have just brewed 2 batches of coopers larger using a can of 1.5kg light malt
Batch one is in secondary and is very amber in colour where batch one is in primary and is not nearly as amber,it is about half.

The only differance in the 2nd batch is i used a different yeast rather than the kit yeast, would this make a major differance in colour?

While it's fermenting, certainly. Some yeast have a higher propagation than others, and some are darker in color. Quite normal.

RDWHAHB.

M_C
I have just brewed 2 batches of coopers larger using a can of 1.5kg light malt
Batch one is in secondary and is very amber in colour where batch one is in primary and is not nearly as amber,it is about half.

The only differance in the 2nd batch is i used a different yeast rather than the kit yeast, would this make a major differance in colour?

I have been told that the liquid malt can get darker as it ages. May just be one was on the shelf longer.

VB

thanks.

The Malt was bought from the same batch, everything was the same apart from yeast. It's a strange one. I'm dry hopping the darker one but it was always much darker...It's just weird that there is such a major difference.

Back