Maibock with Pacman?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robusto

Reaction score
Hi all-
I wanted to brew my Maibock this weekend, but the only yeast that I have on hand is Pacman (Wyeast 1764). I want to brew this tomorrow, as it is getting pretty late to brew Maibock. I have used Pacman with great success to brew a faux-Oktoberfest, so I thought about giving it a go.

So, should I wait to get a proper bock yeast, which means that I will not be able to brew until next week, or should I roll will the Pacman? Any thoughts? Comments?

Thanks

Dead Guy Ale is a "maibock" brewed with Pacman. It's a solid beer, if you've had it use that as a reference to determine whether you will be happy with the results. Personally I would just go with the Pacman.

Dead Guy Ale is a "maibock" brewed with Pacman. It's a solid beer, if you've had it use that as a reference to determine whether you will be happy with the results. Personally I would just go with the Pacman.

+1, I love Dead Guy.

Back