Magnetic scrubber for carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat idea, but usually soaking and a brush is enough. For plastic carboys I'll just shove a wet towel into the carboy and swirl it around. Works like a charm assuming the crud is softened enough from soaking.

That little thing wont do crap LOL
The magnet is WAAAAY to small
I think many here just do an overnight soak in oxiclean and a simple rinse

The easiest way to clean a carboy involves next to no effort:
  1. Fill it with very warm (but not hot) water
  2. add a scoop of Oxicean
  3. let sit for an hour
  4. rinse
That's it. Rarely will you need to do more...especially if you do this before crud has a chance to dry.

That looks like a good idea, except it should be at 3 or 4 inches in diameter or across. I'll have to try that with a couple of business card magnets on a sponge.

The easiest way to clean a carboy involves next to no effort:

1. Fill it with very warm (but not hot) water
  2. add a scoop of Oxicean
  3. let sit for an hour
  4. rinse

That's it. Rarely will you need to do more...especially if you do this before crud has a chance to dry.

What MrBJones said. Sometimes I need a few hours, it's amazing watching the crap fall.

I usually add a drop of bleach to some cold water, let it sit and the rinse thoroughly with hot water! Easy. Good point too about making your own. That'd be pretty easy and you could beef it up, bristles etc!

Back