Magners Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
Ive made a few ciders in my time and enjoy the farmhouse dry style but I have a sore spot for magnets - its very session able.

Any thought on cloning it and kegging? It's got some sweetness - fall is the only time to score good unpasturized cider here in new england

How about concentrated apple juice?

And how to get that slight sweetness? I've got English ale III on hand which leaves sweetness in beer.

I'm not sure if you could ever get a clone, even though I'd love a clone recipe as well. I'm pretty sure in their recipe they use a mixture of different apples, which will be almost impossible to replicate that exact mixture. It sucks haha

Magners has something like 20 apple varieties, you would have to find out what they are I guess....

I'm not sure if you could ever get a clone, even though I'd love a clone recipe as well. I'm pretty sure in their recipe they use a mixture of different apples, which will be almost impossible to replicate that exact mixture. It sucks haha

wow didn't realize that - how do they get that slight sweetness? Is that from dropping the yeast out or pasturizing? Then adding sweetness? On the ingredients there is something about maltodextrin if I remember.

Back