Made up a Vanilla Oatmeal Stout and.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIC0

Reaction score
I know others like myself look for how much of something to add to a batch of brew. Of course using the search button which 75% of most forum members have no clue what that is...:ban:

I made my first vanilla oatmeal stout that was a partial mash and added 1 vanilla bean and it was MORE than enough. Actually it was probably too much, maybe it will mellow out over time but it has good flavor but for those seeking to do a vanilla stout or porter. DO NOT go over one vanilla bean unless you want to drink a vanilla drink and not realize it's even beer.

I simply cut the bean in half long ways and thru it in a secondary as is, no soaking in vodka, battery acid or none of that silly stuff. I took it out of a jar and tossed it in for 2 weeks.

It's good but definitly will only go half a bean next time as i want a hint of vanilla not pure vanilla stout.

Back