Made 3 batches of mead this morning.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kornkob

Resident Crazy Uncle
Reaction score
Made 3 batches of Mead this morning and took this picture. I noticed afterwards the HBT decal in the pic.

The carboy is straight Mead, made with honey the a friend of mine harvested.

One of the buckets is a gallon of Costco honey and a gallon of sweet cherry purée. The other is Costco honey and a gallon of canned strawberries.

1413643797593.jpg

Nice.....All 3 sound good to me :cool:
.....brace yourself for folks "yellin'" at ya for having too much headspace in the carboy ;) I honestly don't fret over it.....ideally, yeah, would be nice to have it "full," but have never had an issue with oxidation over the years (or maybe I can't discern or maybe even actually like the flavor of oxidized mead, dunno....heh). If mine don't end up full, so be it....am too lazy to fuss more than I must - I do as little as possibe and only as much as necessary with my meads - have had some great ones, have had some OK ones, never anything undrinkable, especially with age.

Meh... Primary fermentation requires oxygen anyway. I'm not concerned, it's worked in the past. Besides, there a comparable amount of head space in the buckets... You just can't see it. :)

Did you use the same yeast for all 3? Or did you choose a different on for each?

Back