Mad Men

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He'll yeah! Roger made me change my image from crap shorts and tees to wearing slacks, collers and suits. I hate the misogynist attitudes but love the manliness of it. When you Loki at style now you realize that show has caused a resurgence of men dressing better, going to true barbers, etc. Its not a bad thing at al.

Heck yeah! I marathoned season 1-4 right before season 5 started and the past 8 months have been pretty tough (save for Boardwalk Empire) waiting for Mad Men to restart!

I hate the waiting period between seasons. I am currently trying to re watch of all them before the new season begins.

He'll yeah! Roger made me change my image from crap shorts and tees to wearing slacks, collers and suits. I hate the misogynist attitudes but love the manliness of it. When you Loki at style now you realize that show has caused a resurgence of men dressing better, going to true barbers, etc. Its not a bad thing at al.
Not a bad thing at all.

Yes and No.

The wife being busy watching the new episodes will give me time to do other things without guilt.

But then she is going to be less interested in me in bed because I don't have Don Draper's good looks...

Maybe I should start drinking more. Like at work.

"Should we drink now or later.... or both?"

I love this show. The characters are all terrific and have multiple different levels that seem to keep changing and evolving. The writing is great and the show foreshadows events in a way that makes you think about what will happen rather than beating you to death with the obvious. It somehow makes horrible people likable as is the example with men wanting to be Don for their wives while women want to meet Don away from their husbands and somehow this dynamic is all ok.

In other words it's smart which is something that can't be said about a lot of TV shows. Oh yeah, and the style/wardrobes/sets/and use of the historical time frame don't hurt either.

Funny you mention that, same thing happened to me when I started watching Boardwalk Empire. Once I found StyleForum.net I was hooked.

"Should we drink now or later.... or both?"

I love this show. The characters are all terrific and have multiple different levels that seem to keep changing and evolving. The writing is great and the show foreshadows events in a way that makes you think about what will happen rather than beating you to death with the obvious. It somehow makes horrible people likable as is the example with men wanting to be Don for their wives while women want to meet Don away from their husbands and somehow this dynamic is all ok.

In other words it's smart which is something that can't be said about a lot of TV shows. Oh yeah, and the style/wardrobes/sets/and use of the historical time frame don't hurt either.

Men want to be Don for their wives? I want to be Don because he makes a lot of money, drinks all day and gets whatever woman he wants. Plus he gets to drive a 1960's caddy.

Men want to be Don for their wives? I want to be Don because he makes a lot of money, drinks all day and gets whatever woman he wants. Plus he gets to drive a 1960's caddy.

Don is a man who does whatever the hell he pleases whenever the hell he pleases. Drinking all day at work should start becoming popular again.

Absolutely. I think Mad Men is tied with Twin Peaks as being my favorite show(s) of all time.

So many TV shows coming this spring that I'm ready for. Mad Men, Game of Thrones, the rest of Walking Dead, well, I guess that's only three but I'm still excited.

And how has this thread gone on for so long without someone mentioning Joan. Her story got a little depressing lately but man she has a big personality ;).

Breaking Bad.

I wish they didn't cancel Life and Times of Tim or Bored to Death.

So many TV shows coming this spring that I'm ready for. Mad Men, Game of Thrones, the rest of Walking Dead, well, I guess that's only three but I'm still excited.

And how has this thread gone on for so long without someone mentioning Joan. Her story got a little depressing lately but man she has a big personality ;).

HUGE personality. Ahah, but yes those are some great shows to be waiting for, including Breaking Bad. I also watch Spartacus. I prefer the graphic novels of The Walking Dead, but they do a really nice job at the show too.

Personality. Yeah. Her hair is nice too.

Mad Men, 30 Rock and Breaking Bad are the only non-sports TV I pay any attention to at this point. And Coronation Street; I get to vicariously drink a nice Pub bitter every time they show a scene in The Rover's!

Edit: I'm saving season 5 for marathoning right before season 6 starts.

Well guys, this thread has been down for awhile. But the new season starts on the 17th and I think we should discuss about it and while its going on. :mug:

Back