Machined Keggle conv locknut here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

bkwudz

Reaction score
From what i have read the machined locknut for the keggle and cooler kits is a special machined item made by the keggle kit people. NOT

Locknut, Pipe Size 1/2 In, NPT Connection, Material of Construction Red Brass, Pressure 125 PSI, Temp Range -20 To 400 Deg F, Standards ANSI B1.20.1 Specifications APPROVED VENDOR
1VFN9 Today $1.93

Grainger has it as well as all the stainless pipe fittings to do it for about $12.00, minus the, orings and washers which you have to buy in bulk and the valve they don't sell.

Labrat

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered what I thought was these pieces from McMaster Carr and the ones I recieved were flat sided. I did have some luck with the trusty dremel and grinding a groove that holds the O-rings in place. More Beer sells the stainless versions which work great.

conpewter

Reaction score
I have used the non-groved brass version and got it to work, but my next order will definitely be these nuts instead of the medium pressure ones.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
Wow... I like that groove. Pretty sweet but my keggles don't leak with just flat washers against the orings that press on the keggle wall. Come to think about it I don't have orings between the washer and nut on the inside or the washer and ball valve on the outside. Now I got myself wondering why mine don't leak.....