(M)Oktoberfest – Brewing an Oktoberfest Ale with Wyeast 1007

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did something similar but after reading reading a bunch of recipes online, I went with Wyeast 1076. It's still in the fermentor right now, I need to get around to kegging it. Glad yours turned out great, gives me hope for mine!

I did something similar but after reading reading a bunch of recipes online, I went with Wyeast 1076. It's still in the fermentor right now, I need to get around to kegging it. Glad yours turned out great, gives me hope for mine!

I cross posted this to Reddit as well. This seems to be a very popular idea. I received several comments with different yeast suggestions.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/comments/9jnuf1/moktoberfest_brewing_an_oktoberfest_ale_with/

I've used 1007 many times, mostly for Alaskan Amber clone, but what is the 1076? I can't find info.

For my Mocktoberfest I used WL Kohlsh, I don't remember the # right now. But it turned out great, with a clean lageresque finish. I know the keg is going to kick too soon. :mug:

I meant 1056. No idea why I wrote 1076.

Ah. Ok. Thought you'd found something new for me to try!

For my Mocktoberfest I used WL Kohlsh, I don't remember the # right now. But it turned out great, with a clean lageresque finish. I know the keg is going to kick too soon. :mug:

I keep getting wine notes no matter the Kolsch yeast I try. Everyone says they get clean flavor but I can pick up the traditional-expected wine notes from 2565, k97 dry or wlp029.

Back