Lutra Kveik for Hard seltzer & my impression

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majed41

Reaction score
I'm doing Hard seltzer and 24 hours ago i pitch my Dried Lutra Kveik Yeast @ 1.040 OG and now the SG is 1.008
I'm using Propper Seltzer nutrient and fermenting @ 26C / 80F

to be honest i don't like the fermentation Aroma it smells weird . i was hoping for mini Vodka to be honest and i don't know if this Aroma will go away a week from now ? if not i don't know how anyone can descripe this as Clean Yeast Strain

I'm doing Hard seltzer and 24 hours ago i pitch my Dried Lutra Kveik Yeast @ 1.040 OG and now the SG is 1.008
I'm using Propper Seltzer nutrient and fermenting @ 26C / 80F

to be honest i don't like the fermentation Aroma it smells weird . i was hoping for mini Vodka to be honest and i don't know if this Aroma will go away a week from now ? if not i don't know how anyone can descripe this as Clean Yeast Strain

Fermentation provides some weird smells...you might also be getting some CO2 smell as well. Let it go, final product shouldn't have a nasty smell...if it does, something went wrong.

Make sure you are keeping up with yeast nutrient feedings in the first days. Sulphuric smell is common with seltzer’s ears but should dissipate if the yeast are kept for ermenting. You should be able to get to 1.000 or lower.

Make sure you are keeping up with yeast nutrient feedings in the first days. Sulphuric smell is common with seltzer’s ears but should dissipate if the yeast are kept for ermenting. You should be able to get to 1.000 or lower.

Thanks . already 0.994 just after 24 hours from pitching the yeast . this is insane . i love this yeast i just wish i had this for the last Stout i made that takes 2 weeks to finish

Back