• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Washington Low RPM mixing/stirring motor with SS stirring rakes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acidrain

Reaction score
SoldI built this stirring motor set up to help distribute the heat in my direct fired SS MLT, which worked very well.
After my last upgrade, I found that I really didn't need it anymore. Stirs at about 60 to 100 RPM (never counted it).
It's made out of a vintage ice cream maker with the label reading "mini yum yum Machine". Of course I left that on.
Asking $30 plus shipping.

Are he rakes stainless or aluminum? and what is the length and useful diameter of the rake arm?

They are stainless. I don't have the dimensions right now, but it is set up for a keggle, and the flat aluminum part that the motor is mounted to will sit on the handles hoop on top of a standard straight sided Sanke.
The little SS part attached to the end of the rod is fitted with set screws, and fits the square drive of the motor.
The ends that fit down in the keggle are made to be supported at the bottom. My keggle had a center bolt that a receiver socket screwed onto. I could supply that too, but you'll need a something for it to screw onto.

If you could provide the dimensions it may be something of interest to me even if it requires some minor mods. I have a 15 gallon stainless kettle so it might work.

If I get your RIMS tube, thismight be an ideal addition to my arsenal and would probably fit in same flat rate box :)

Ever get down to Kent or Auburn area? If so maybe we could make a deal for a cash sale? Let me know

he replied to my PM about a local pick up but my wife pointed out that we have the same ice cream maker and I could make my own. Just need to find some stainless steel parts now

Sorry for the delayed response guys. My brand new HP notebook it's way back for repairs.
Yes, it's still available.

I had to add a more powerful motor (see the pic).
This does not fit in a flat rate box. Shipping may be expensive. I'll probably just list it locally.

Latest posts

Back