low carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burntchef

Reaction score
So 20 some years ago when I got off the bud train in favor of better beer, I always gravitated towards porters and stouts. In retrospect It was the carbonation that drove my taste profile. 10 months after starting to home brew, 100 gallons done. I brewed an Irish red. Choosing not to carbonate it heavily, I love the flavor.
So does anyone else enjoy a wide spectrum of home brew beer style flavors, but choose not to carbonate?
Eric

I enjoy some beers (styles) with low / cask-like carbonation, but it's definitely not my cup of tea. I prefer more carbonation, so anything between 2.3 and 5 vol. CO2.

I dig darker beer with less carbonation and not nearly as cold. Even the maltier beers I like a little less carbonated but my hoppy beers I definitely like carbonated. It gives the beer a nice bite and also releases more of the nose of the beer.

I agree with @bobeer, I like a little less carbonation with my beer and right now the basement is chilly and I'm finding it's the perfect temperature for my Ales, no refrigeration needed.

Back