Low carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegboy5000

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with a Belgian Triple. I kegged my beer and forced carbonated it for 4 days. Nothing. What am I missing? I want to figure it out before kegging my Imperial Pumpkin ale.

I'm having the same issue with a Belgian Triple. I kegged my beer and forced carbonated it for 4 days. Nothing. What am I missing? I want to figure it out before kegging my Imperial Pumpkin ale.

4 days? What's the temperature and the psi? In my kegerator, I have 12 psi at 40 degrees, and it takes about 10-14 days to fully carb up.

To ensure that the beer is cold enough to force carb, i placed the keg into the kegerator a full day before. then attached my CO2 hose. I set it to 30 psi and waited. And waited. :(

I had a bad seal on one of my tanks in the past, and the gas was gone overnight. So that isn't the issue here.

To ensure that the beer is cold enough to force carb, i placed the keg into the kegerator a full day before. then attached my CO2 hose. I set it to 30 psi and waited. And waited. :(

I had a bad seal on one of my tanks in the past, and the gas was gone overnight. So that isn't the issue here.

At 30 psi it should be explosively carbonated in 4 days. Are you sure the gas is going into the keg, and that regulator is working properly? When you pull the pressure relief valve, do you hear gas hissing as the keg refills with gas?

You'd think, right? With the hoses connected, I can draw beer out with force. So no issue there either. I did see something about the gravity of beers and the time it may take to carbonate. But it's my understanding that this is for bottle conditioning. Can someone confirm this?

Latest posts

Back